A bathroom vanity makeover is the perfect project for novice DIYers and experts alike. It’s a great way to get your creative juices flowing and put your skills to the test. Yet it’s a manageable undertaking that doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
From stick-on subway tiles to self-adhesive mirror frames that install in a flash, there are so many ways to make cosmetic changes without demolishing your bathroom or turning your life upside down.
With a bit of thought and planning, you can ensure your bathroom vanity makeover is stress-free and fun. Here are some tips:
- Set your expectations. Think about what you want to change and what you want to keep. Consider the overall layout and design of your bathroom to decide what will work best.
- Create a realistic budget and timeline. It’s easy to go off the rails with your budget and spend way more time on a project than you initially anticipated. Do some research to determine a reasonable budget and timeline, especially if you plan to do most or all the work yourself.
- Pick a color scheme. The palette you choose comes down to personal style and preference. White with neutrals is a classic and clean choice, while darker colors like greens and blues can add richness. Bright colors like yellow and orange are natural mood enhancers.
- Pay attention to details. Faucets, hardware, and wall art can all add dimension to your bathroom’s overall aesthetic. Bath accessories can match your color scheme or add contrast, depending on your preference.
- Don’t be afraid to indulge. A bathroom’s small size makes it the perfect room for some splurging, whether it’s hand-painted tile or vintage drawer pulls you found at your favorite antique shop. Go ahead, indulge a little!
With just a few minor changes—like a fresh coat of paint and an updated mirror frame—you can transform your bathroom without breaking the bank. Scroll down for some DIY-friendly ways to spruce up your bathroom vanity.