Fixtures are a key design element in bathrooms and kitchens. They help define the look of these high-use spaces. And since fixtures get daily use, it makes sense to choose styles and finishes you really love.
While chrome still tops the list for the most popular bathroom finish, designers are constantly coming up with new variations to keep things interesting. Luxurious finishes like brushed brass, satin nickel, and oil-rubbed metals are available to consumers today in all price ranges.
If your bathroom or kitchen still has its original builder-grade fixtures, remodeling is an opportunity to get creative and reinvent the space. A fixture-replacement project is also the perfect time for other budget-friendly upgrades, like framing a builder-grade mirror with a custom frame by MirrorMate.
The best way to get ideas and inspiration is to visit a showroom where you can see, touch, and try fixtures in person—and ask questions. But if you prefer to shop online, there are plenty of web-based resources to help you decide.
Here are a few tips to guide you in choosing bathroom and kitchen fixtures:
- Create a budget and stick to it. Fixture prices can range from $60 to $600.
- Choose your favorite style (modern, traditional, industrial, transitional, etc.).
- Select your preferred finish (brass, nickel, chrome, bronze, matte black, copper, etc.).
- Decide which features you want (single-handle vs. two-handle faucet, etc.).
- Narrow it down to two or three top choices.
- Make your final selection.
There’s no one best finish for bathroom fixtures or fixtures in the kitchen. It’s all about your preferences and design goals. That said, you can’t go wrong with stainless steel or polished nickel—classic finishes that are always in style.
Ready for a new look in your kitchen or bathroom? Check out the infographic below for ideas and inspiration!