As the temperature drops, and we hunker down at home for winter we look to our home to provide the comfort and warmth we crave. While there is always comfort food, hot tea and warm fires, simple décor changes can add a warmth to the home. Nothing feels colder than stark whites, hard lines and cold textures without mixing in some soft, warm tones, textures and textiles. From chunky wool blankets to woven baskets, small changes in the home can instantly transform a space. The bathroom, in particular, can usher in a morning chill with cold tiles and stark lines.
Cozy up the space that greets you first each morning with these ideas:
- Refresh your towels. Soft, plush towels give a luxurious feel. Consider rich, warm tones for winter.
- Add throw rugs beneath the vanity to keep feet warm. Memory foam mats are a nice way to start and end the day.
- Incorporate texture through woven materials like wicker baskets to corral toiletries, or woven wood or bamboo blinds to soften the windows.
- Add a frame to the plate glass mirror in a wood tone to soften the hard lined edges of the existing mirror.
- Bring candles into the bath in different heights to give the tub area a spa like feel.
The bathroom below was transformed by @chrissy_brechen with the addition of the Cherokee Rustic Barnwood frame added to the existing, wall-mounted plate glass mirror. The woven basket is a perfect complement to the mirror and flooring, adding texture and warmth to the bath.
The @rv_glampergirls fabulously finished off this bathroom with the Chelsea Brushed Bronze frame – transforming the cold, builder grade mirror into a beautiful focal point of the bath.
Below is a sampling of some of our popular wood toned frames. Any frame from this selection will warm up any bath in instantly. Shop all Wood-toned frames here.